Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I AM GOING TO MADRID!"

Everywhere it reverberates in some short lines, quick shoutouts, pictures, posts, tags: "I am going to Madrid!"

I go looking around Facebook, checking out what's the news about fellows I met along the way during the NYD 2010 Pilgrimage in Dagupan as well as those I met on the first pilgrimage I joined in Iloilo back in 2008 and the desire only grows stronger.

Even more at seeing Nica and her fellows in their community have "A Taste of Spain" on their walls:



I want to go too! "I am going to Madrid!"

But who among us would not want to? Given the opportunity, it is a welcome experience.

However, we need to act and do something. It is given that going to Madrid means making sacrifices. There will be expenses that need to be covered, and there will also be costs which will have to be incurred.

For an ordinary employee such as me, it means finding ways and means to raise funds (which can be by working extra, selling stuff, doing fund raisers, and/or seeking out gifts or donations from willing sponsors), and needing to be away on those days will also mean sacrificing income for about a week for not working through on those days while out on pilgrimage.

Well, I've tried it before for the NYD 2010 Pilgrimage, and it wasn't at all easy. But on the top and bottom and even on the insides and out of it, it was by the grace of God that I was really able to get there.

~I am crazy for even worrying.

My mind is blank, to begin with. I am literally still clueless as to how exactly will I manage to raise funds because if I will only rely on what I could think of, I don't see myself flying off for any WYD at all in the next 2 meetings. Anyhow, I do hope that our community here in Legazpi will also come up with something that can help us pull things together.

So moving on, what else is there for me to do, but lift it up to Him.
I pray. And so I write.

No comments:

........i'm just another writer still trapped within my truth........


i have forgotten about what it is to write...
to catch that in-between the silence and the heart’s beating…
and go about that divide which separates shadow from the ground…
Writing, my first love!
and so, i write. répondez s’il vous plaît.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
You are free to quote in part with proper attribution and linkage but for personal use only. Please visit the Book-Liit Section to request posts in hard copies or contact the Midnight Writer for permissions and details.

naling'wan ko na kun pa'no an mag surat...
kun pa'no mahagilap an uya sa tahao kan kasilenciohan asin pag-ibot kan puso...
buda malakop iyan na nagbabanga sa anino asin daga...

An Pagsurat, sakuyang enot na pagkamoot!
biyo logod, ako minasurat. magsimbag ka.

"Rooted and built up in Jesus Christ, firm in the faith."





* * *

Want to help us get to a WYD Meeting?

Be our personal pilgrimage sponsor!



No PayPal account yet?Click here to signup!


Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.


******************


NAVIGATION LINKS


TABLE OF CONTENTS

Bikol Culture and Arts Online Directory Bikol Bibliography and Discography



Mga Kurit sa Dahon nin Daragang Minagayon